(Staff Connection Deacon James King firstname.lastname@example.org )
This commission works to unite parishioners in spreading God’s love and words, by creating a welcoming environment for all those seeking community and commitment. Reaching out to those who grieve , and those in need, in homes, hospitals and elder care facilities. Anchoring the Church’s presence in the entire life of the community by stimulating social change within the local environment.
Ministry made up of a traveling group, exercise classes, social and spiritual events for those parishioners 50 years older.
Opportunities to serve beyond the 50+ Committee:
- Golden Treasures
- Social and Spiritual events
Ministry supports and reaches out to those who have lost a loved one and helps to support a funeral luncheon, which the parish offers to do for any family who has lost a loved one.
Opportunities to serve beyond the Bereavement Ministry:
- Funeral Meal Ministry
- Team Leaders
- Funeral Meal Serving Teams
- Grief Support Group
- Snack and Drink coordinator
- Follow up coordinator
Cheery Notes Ministry
Members provide uplifting notes for those who are sick or homebound, letting them know that they are being thought of, and prayed for.
Parishioners who are trained in the field of advertising and publicity who can help with bulletin and website announcements, newsletter article and other publications from the Parish to insure transparency concerning parish activities and coordinate communication through a variety of social media opportunities.
Opportunities to serve beyond the Communications Committee:
- Facebook-Youth Group
- High School
- Jr. High
- Website & Online
- Print Coordinator
- Local News Contacts
Communion/Visitation Ministry Committee
Parishioners bring Communion to the parish members who are homebound or residents at area retirement and nursing homes.
Opportunities to serve beyond the College/Military Ministry:
- Hospital Visitation (Visitation only, no Communion)
- Homebound Communion Calls
- Nursing Home Communion Calls
Family Life Committee\Community Building
Parishioners who design and implement frequent large parish activities that bring families together for fun and fellowship. Also work with other committees to build family values.
Opportunities to serve beyond the Family Life Committee:
- Family Fun/Family Life Events Coordinators
- Vacation Bible School Fun Event
- Annual Pool Party
- Donut Sunday’s
- St. Ferdinand
- St. Henry
Health Ministry Committee
Parishioners who are health-minded that work with our parish for health related issues: healthy eating, blood pressure, blood drives, prayer shawls.
Opportunities to serve beyond the Health Ministry Committee:
- Semi-annual Red Cross Blood Drives
- Monthly Blood Pressure Checks
- Health information Events
Hearing Impaired Ministry
This committee works to offer American Sign Language training and to insure that whenever possible translators or hearing devices can be available for events.
Parishioners in charge of welcoming new members to our parish, as well as, creating a warm inviting atmosphere. Includes bringing welcome baskets, cooking meals for special events or occasionally driving someone to a medical appointment or church event .
Opportunities to serve beyond the Hospitality Committee:
- Meals to Heal — cook a meal on occasion for the sick or parents who just had children when they return home from the hospital
- Welcome Basket — prepare and deliver information, welcoming new parishioners
- Hearts on Wheels — offer occasional transportation assistance to parishioners when needed
This committee plans and implements the annual parish picnic. The committee has several chairs that handle varying aspects of the picnic
Opportunities to serve beyond the Picnic Committee (Working the picnic in one of the following areas)
- Setup and tear down
- Children’s events
- Turtle soup sales
Promote respect for life in our parish through events, fundraisers, March for Life, and Teens for Life.
Opportunities to serve beyond the Respect Life Committee:
- Respect Life Coordinator
- Event Coordinator and Adult supervisor for Respect Life events
- Fundraising Coordinator
- Pilgrimage For Life chaperone
St. Vincent de Paul Ferdinand Conference
Parishioners who are dedicated to serving the poor by helping to disperse short-term financial assistance for housing/lodging, medical, utilities, food, clothing & household goods to those in need. Vincentians make visits to the home, hospital, nursing home and prison to assess the needs and also make referrals to the appropriate counseling services (employment, education, legal, nutrition, domestic/sexual violence) as necessary.
Opportunities to serve through the St. Vincent DePaul Ferdinand Conference:
- St. Vincent de Paul St. Ferdinand Committee member
- Volunteer at St. Vincent de Paul Store in Jasper
- Volunteer for Dubois County Community Meals Program (2nd Saturday each month: prepare food 8:30-10am and/or serve food 10am-1:30pm)
- Volunteer at the Community Food Bank (Mon 1-3PM, Weds 6-8PM, Sat 10-Noon: fulfill order requests)
- Participate in Friends of the Poor Walk (held in the Fall – walk and/or collect donations)